3. Hargrave Oval
Despite having been part of the CGGS environment for decades, Hargrave Oval was not officially dedicated until 19 February 1998. It was named after Mr Frank C Hargrave, a long serving member of the School Board and integral member of the Parents & Friends Association.
Mr Hargrave, a member of the Board from August 1946 to December 1963 also headed the Sports Ground Committee.
More Information (to display with 'Read More')
The oval is the school’s main sporting field and is also utilised for major events including fetes, picnics and the whole-of-school photograph, taken every five years.
From the terraced steps overlooking the oval, there are sweeping views across to the Brindabellas with Mount Stromlo and the National Arboretum in the foreground.